The internet caved in on itself over the weekend as a rumoured survey commissioned by Ubisoft was discovered which seemed to suggest planned changes for Assassin’s Creed III.
The survey can be found here, and the questions found within should you meet their target demographic (we didn’t for some stupid bloody reason, despite owning all the games in the series…) are:
Would you like to see ____ in the sequel to the ASSASSIN”S CREED: BROTHERHOOD?
1) An upgrade to the assassin’s blade that increases the fluidity and speed of free-running
2) An enhanced Eagle Vision: see the patrol paths of guards, spot clues to complex navigation puzzles, detect when characters are lying during interrogations, etc.
3) An intuitive crafting tool that lets you create custom bombs from dozens of ingredients found throughout the game world
4) Tactical use of a variety of bombs suited to unique contexts and situations (smoke, poison, flash, explosive, etc.)
5) An additional objective where you and your Assassins guild fight against the Templars to gain control of a city, district by district
6) Playing as a new Assassin, in a different historical time period
7) A continuation of Ezio’s story as the leader of the Assassins, set outside of Italy
8) Deeper connectivity between all the Assassin’s Creed projects (eg. an action you make on the Facebook game will impact your game experience on the console; events that you read about in the comics will be related to the storyline of the videogames, etc.)
9) Online Cooperative Mode
10) Offline Cooperative Mode
11) The availability of new maps for the Multiplayer
12) A choice of additional Multiplayer characters with new skill-sets
13) Playing new Multiplayer modes
14) A deeper team-based Multiplayer experience (guilds / squads that have common objectives, new tools for clan management, etc.)
15) A customization of the Multiplayer experience (logos, avatars, objects, team names, etc.)
Had we been able to vote we would have said yes on 6 and laughed at 8 (especially as WordPress has turned it into an emoticon), whilst mulling over what we could call ourselves in 15. ‘The High Priesthood of Spunkdom’ or something else hilarious, no doubt.